David has provided strategy, policy and regulatory advice to a range of clients in infrastructure, manufacturing, digital content, health technology, primary industries, biosciences – and others. His diverse work has involved cost benefit analyses, value chain analysis, pricing analysis, operating model design and analysis of industry structure.
David is a well-known health advisor with a wide range of clients in New Zealand’s health sector including decision and investment frameworks, funding formulas, pricing frameworks, health economic issues and complex contracts. David has offered comment on equity issues over several decades.
Prior to consulting, David has held senior positions in the New Zealand public and health sectors and previously worked for an investment bank and a London-based management consulting group. He has made significant contributions to public finance and the development of government institutions.
David has worked in the United Kingdom, Australia, USA, the Middle East, the Pacific, the Philippines and in New Zealand.
- Damage calculations
- Economic and market analysis
- Financial modelling
- Regulatory and cost benefit analysis
- Strategy and business cases
- Economic development
- Health and wellbeing
- Iwi & Māori
- Public sector policy and finance
Qualifications & accolades
- Master of Commerce (Hons), Auckland University, New Zealand,
- Diploma of Health Economics, University of Tromso
- Henley Management College – Advanced Management Training and advanced applied business research training
- Chartered Accountant
- Accredited Director
- Honorary member of the Royal NZ College of General Practitioners