Martin is regularly instructed as expert (independent and consulting) and worked on numerous cases in the Australian forensic and valuation market. These cases have been held in the various Supreme Courts of Australia, the Federal Court of Australia, the Administrative Appeals Tribunal and Australian based arbitrations.
Martin has testified in the Supreme Courts of NSW and the Northern Territory.
In addition to his Australian experience, Martin has been instructed as expert and worked on a number of international arbitrations.
Martin has over 15 years’ experience in the London forensic market, specialising in the preparation of expert accountant reports, the assessment of damages, and investigations. He has worked on numerous major UK and international disputes and investigations, including proceedings in the High Court in London and in various International Arbitration centres, and matters brought by the US SEC and Department of Justice.
Martin’s experience includes: complex loss of profits; contract disputes; business valuations; business interruption; class actions; product liability; breach of warranty; accounting standard interpretations; assessment of financial strength; assessment of solvency; fraud and corruption investigations (including FCPA investigations); and intellectual property claims.
- Damage calculations
- Financial modelling
- Forensic accounting
- International arbitration
Qualifications & accolades
- Masters in Science (Physics) (Hons) from Royal Holloway, University of London
- Fellow Chartered Accountant (FCA) of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Treasurer and Director of the Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (ACICA)
Recent work highlights include:
- Instructed as expert and consulting expert on a number of current class actions
- Assessments of loss before, during and after COVID
- Valuation of an e-commerce business in an international arbitration
- Assessment of loss in a defamation legal action
- Assisting lawyers in the understanding of and critiquing expert reports
- Calculating the total losses in relation to a securities class action
- Administering the payments to individuals in a class action.