Matthew is currently employed as a Managing Economist with Sapere. He has experience in economic analysis, financial modelling, and econometrics.
Matthew is proficient with a wide range of economic tools, including cost-benefit analysis, development feasibility assessments, regulatory building block models, economic impact assessments, and roadmap and business case writing.
He has produced economic evidence for the environment court, independent hearing panels, and district plan reviews, and has consulted in property, healthcare, electrical and telecommunications infrastructure, agriscience and manufacturing.
He holds a Master of Commerce degree majoring in Economics from the University of Canterbury, a Bachelor of Commerce majoring in Economics and a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Political Science. He is currently studying for the level 3 CFA exam.
- Data analytics
- Economic and market analysis
- Financial modelling
- Regulatory and cost benefit analysis
- Strategy and business cases
- Economic development
- Energy and decarbonisation
- Infrastructure and transport
- Finance and insurance
- Primary industry and biosecurity
- Property and housing
- Public sector policy and finance
- State, regional and local government
Qualifications & accolades
- Master of Commerce (Economics) from the University of Canterbury (NZ)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Economics) from the University of Canterbury (NZ)
- Bachelor of Arts (Political Science) from the University of Canterbury (NZ)
Recent work highlights include:
- Regulatory reset for the National Grid Corporation of the Philippines
- Advising Livestock Improvement Corporation of the implications of NZAEL 3.5 on their business
- Financial analysis supporting strategic realignment for Ryman Healthcare