Michael specialises in empirical economics, economic modelling and forecasting. He has advised clients across a range of sectors, including education, health and economic development. He has applied his quantitative skills to conducting programme evaluations, cost-benefit analyses, and economic impact assessments. He has previously worked at the New Zealand Treasury.
- Data analytics
- Economic and market analysis
- Economic development
- Public sector policy and finance
- State, regional and local government
Qualifications & accolades
- Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) from the University of Otago (NZ)
- PhD from the University of Waikato (NZ)
Recent work highlights include:
- The economic impact of a rocket industry in New Zealand
- Evaluation of the Surgical Site Infection Improvement programme
- The economic value of the take-up of ultra-fast broadband in New Zealand
This article examines how the uncertainty associated with COVID-19 pandemic might be felt on the New Zealand economy.