Rebecca has over two decades of experience in the health sector and specialises in strategic planning, policy development, clinical service design and programme management. She has extensive experience managing large complex change programmes and projects across multiple government organisations and has strong, well-established networks with clinicians, health sector executives and senior managers.
Her major role with Sapere is leading national programmes and projects for central government clients; providing secretariat, analytical and report writing support for independent review and assurance committees; and managing and contributing to clinical service plans and complex large scale infrastructure business cases. Rebecca has a particular interest in whole of health system level review and redesign.
- Strategy and business cases
- Health and wellbeing
Qualifications & accolades
- Bachelor of Arts, from Massey University (NZ)
- Master of Arts, (Hons) from Massey University (NZ)
Recent work highlights include:
- Head of Secretariat for Ministerial Advisory Committee for Health Reform Implementation Progress
- Review of Intelligence, Surveillance and Knowledge Capability and Capacity requirements for the Public Health Agency
- Contracted to the Health and Disability Transition Unit within DPMC, focussing on supporting the establishment of interim Health New Zealand
- Supported the Secretariat to the Independent Pharmac Review on a range of complex policy topic including health prioritisation, health for rare disorders, and vaccines.
- Established the COVID-19 Intelligence and Surveillance function within the Ministry of Health and transitioned to General Manager, Science and Insights