A chartered accountant with over 4 years of experience, Vijay’s experience in the forensics and valuation space includes working on issues relating to class actions, valuations, estimation of damages, insolvency matters and investigations.
Prior to joining Sapere, Vijay worked in the insolvency, restructuring and turnaround space which included a two-year stint with EY, credit derivative operations in Goldman Sachs and was also involved in running the family business.
- Damage calculations
- Financial modelling
- Forensic accounting
Qualifications & accolades
- Certified Practising Accountant, Australia
- Chartered Accountant, India
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management from Loyola Institute of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Commerce from Loyola College (University of Madras)
Recent work highlights include:
- Assisted in providing an expert accounting opinion for a class action relating to a subsidiary of a listed company in the construction industry
- Assisted in determination of true value of financial assets held by a listed fund management company on the date of merger
- Assisted in estimation of a complex interest claim for a class action in the banking sector
- Quantification of loss relating to alternative market value and insolvency scenarios for a company in the hospitality sector
- Data analysis for a law enforcement agency to investigate and determine cartel conduct